Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advent Calendars A La Homer Simpson and Hello Kitty

  Advent calendars seem to be pretty big here in the UK, even more so than in the US. Whereas back home I'd have to actively search to find one for the season, here they've already got secular ones plastered all over grocery store shelves and end caps. And they're the fun ones, too, ie ones that contain chocolate! The weird thing is, the first two that I came upon happened to feature: Homer Simpson and Hello Kitty. Yep, America and Japan in England. I found it a bit ironic, but maybe that's just me. The Homer one is particularly cute, seeing as it states 'D'Oh Ho Ho!'.  I did find a Bart Simpson advent calendar too, but it wasn't worth buying seeing as Homer had already found his way home the week before.
 Kitty and Homer will likely be mailed off to friends or relatives who will appreciate them much more than I will. But here are pictures of what they look like (chocolate still intact for the time being):


No comments:

Post a Comment