Keila is 38 months today! We've been up to a lot in the past month, too. Here's what's new:
1. Keila's improved her Japanese quite a bit just by being back for a few weeks. She still doesn't speak a ton, but her understanding has made a lot of progress. We are of course speaking more and more in English too.
2. Well, Keila slept GREAT in Japan, once we got over jet lag. Likely due to the fact that she got to share a bed with Mommy and Daddy. Sleep now that we've returned isn't going so great....what else is new, right? I actually had to pause just now to go put her back to bed...the third time she's been up in as many hours!
3. Keila is really, really excited to start full days at nursery this term! She'll go 6 hours, 3 days a week. She's most excited about taking her lunch and eating with the other children.
We had a great time in Japan playing with Grandpa, and Keila keeps asking when she will see him next. She also told me that we're going on another airplane soon, this time to visit Grandma in America. The kid really likes to travel!
Today, Keila earned her first swimming badge! She had to blow bubbles in the water, swim by herself (with floats of course) and get her head wet (but not submerged). She's come a long way from the shrieking 'I-don't-want-to-get-in' child of August!
4. Memorable quotes from the past month.....Wasabi (the cat) puked and Keila commented on how she must not have gotten her flu shot. Another one was confusion regarding 'Wii' the game center and 'wee' as in pee. She thought that Daddy must've strained his back going pee, after I asked if maybe he pulled something while playing Wii. Hah!
5. Keila seems to be holding steady at around 15 kilos and 98/99 cm. Maybe she'll hit another growth spurt soon?
On a big-kid swing