Saturday, April 6, 2013

Keila is 2 and 1/2 Years Old!!!

Quite a few things have kept me from posting anything this past month....various illnesses, a mini-vacation, tax season, you name it. I promise to get a few fun posts about our trip to Mallorca up within the week (and maybe I'll even finish up Rome at some point this year!). For now, we're going to keep on schedule with Keila's monthly update. And it's a rather big one: she's 2.5 years old today!!!

1. Keila's language is still progressing rapidly. So fast in fact, that even I notice how much it's increasing week by week. And I'm around her all the time. We are using more Japanese now, too, but still combining it with English into sentences. She also pretty consistently will say 'Thank you Mama' or 'You're welcome (Mama/DaDa)' whenever she's given/gives something. Very polite little girl!
2. I haven't come up with anything to fill in the teething category since last month. Maybe we'll just drop #2 altogether and move #3 into its spot.
3. Sleep is better for the time being! Keila is napping again and also sleeping through the night for the most part. Had a few bad bedtimes during which she'd lie down to sleep, then start screaming in terror as soon as I left the room. Luckily the pretty pink flower lights from Ikea that Grandpa was so kind to install solved that problem. No more darkness, no more fear!
4. Keila's favorite activites for the time being....she's started to get more into coloring (colouring if you're British), and I often hear her chattering away at imaginery play with her dolls if I'm just outside the room. Not sure if I mentioned that she was talking about an imaginary man for a while, but luckily he seems to have gone. He mostly resided in a corner of our dining room, and I was constantly being warned not to step on him if I was in there. Funny but a bit creepy at night!
 Keila also had a great time with her Grandpa when he visited last month, and she's been talking about going on the airplane to see him soon. Sometimes she will pack a bag and tell me 'Bye Mama', then head for the door. Maybe Grandpa should come see us again soon!
 5. Story for this month. Keila will do just about anything for chocolate. She fell down last week or maybe it was the week before. While crying as I hugged her and rubbed her knee, she wailed 'Chocolate! Chocolate make Keila feel BETTER!' Hah! Smart girl!
6. Have forgotten to weigh/measure her yet again. We measured her while Grandpa was here but I've forgotten what she was exactly...I want to say around 90 cm? Which, if you check the growth charts, means she's below average for height. I kind of find that hard to believe, since most of her little friends are all around her size. Either that or we only happen to have short friends.
 That's it on Keila until May!


Playing at the park today. Run ducky run!


On the swings

No comments:

Post a Comment