Friday, February 8, 2013

Keila's Belated 27 Month Update

  Because I've been battling a lovely influenza virus that just doesn't know when to give up, I completely forgot to post Keila's monthly update on Wednesday. Going to bed before 9 pm didn't leave much time for typing, anyway. Sorry about the oversight, and please excuse any typos below!!

1. Keila's vocabulary is still advancing rapidly, but mostly in English (have I mentioned that before?). Daddy tried talking to her completely in Japanese a few days ago, and she rather obviously didn't understand everything. We'll have to get her picture books out and start naming animals and objects more often. Full sentences are becoming more and more prominent, even if they're not always correct. One of her favorites is 'I want to want it!', meaning 'I want to do it'. Keila can also remember song verses pretty well and even corrected Daddy the other day when he didn't get Twinkle Twinkle Little Star completely right. =)
2. Keila's teeth are just about completely in! That final molar made an appearance a couple of days after last month's update, and it's probably 75% through now. What am I going to blame naughty behavior on after she's done teething, though??
3. Sleep! Well, I don't know when it happened, and it's still not 100% consistent, but at some point during the past month Keila started sleeping through the night. I'm putting her to bed closer to 7:30 or 8 to make sure she sleeps until at least 6. Really praying I'm not jinxing myself by even mentioning how well she's doing with sleep. Now if only Daddy could ever leave work before midnight, and maybe we'd all be rested! 
4. What else has Keila been up to lately? (Mommy's brain is still somewhat fuzzy from aforementioned flu battle). Play-Doh is big on her list right now, and she loves making little animals or cakes and ice cream with it. Hiding under the covers or hiding things in Mom and Dad's bed is great too: last week I woke up to a multicolored pillowcase (and face), only to discover a deflated, drawn-on balloon inside my pillow. How did that get there??
 Keila is really into doing all kinds of crafts, too. She likes gluing pieces of paper, coloring, the usual. Oh, and dancing is also back on her hot list. Turn on a song she likes, and the girl will dance!
5. No actual story for this update...but....some potential good news! Keila had her annual allergy exam on Wednesday, which Yuki took her too since I was too ill to be of any use. I was completely expecting that they'd just verify her peanut allergy and maybe do a pineapple taste test to see if she'd grown out of it. But....the skin test for peanuts came out NEGATIVE!!! Keila has yet to taste any peanut butter/products and won't until another follow up with the clinic, but pray that she really has outgrown it! We also go the go-ahead to let her try pineapple, but seeing as she'd been denied it for so long, whenever I try to give her a piece, she yells 'No like it!' and refuses. I may have to sneak it into a smoothie or something and hope for the best.
 6. Keila has regained the weight lost from food poisoning (she's well over 13 kg now) and is shooting up like a weed. I haven't measured her lately but will do so today if she lets me.
 Until March (and I do promise to get some more Rome posts in before her next update, in case you were wondering)....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment