Sunday, August 5, 2012

Keila's 21 Month Progress Report

I can't believe that Keila is 21 months already!! She's now closer to being 2 than 1 and 1/2 years old...my baby is no longer a 'baby'.
 Here's what she's been up to lately:
 1. Keila keeps coming up with some good phrases. Her favorites within the past month include: 'NO....SELF!' as in, I want to do it myself and also 'NO.....BIG!' meaning, No, I want the biggest piece of tortilla, bread, etc possible. Keila has also been making other combinations such as 'Dada? Dada...HOME!' when she wakes up from her naps and finds that he's not around. It's simultaneously funny and heartbreaking to see her throwing a fit and rolling around her crib when I explain that he's at work.
 We've got a lot of other words popping out every day, but it'd take too long to detail all of them at the moment!
 2. Still no new teeth, but she's chewing on anything and everything and will randomly tell me 'Mouth...owie' so maybe they're on their way?
 3. Keila still isn't sleeping completely through the night, and I have the feeling it's only going to get worse what with another vacation and then a trip to the US next month. Ah well...maybe one day she'll make it through the night...by the time she's 13 or so?
 4. We run, we climb, we play hide and seek, we love to chase and be chased. Very active girl!
 5. Nothing new to report about food. Except maybe that we had a few too many sweets when Grandma was here, and Keila now randomly yells 'Ice cream' and 'Candy' in the hopes of getting some each day. Sorry, kid.
 6. New actions...I can't keep track of all this baby does. Still trying to teach her 'gentle' when it comes to petting poor Wasabi. Keila does seem to understand the meaning, but that doesn't mean she always listens! Oh, and Keila can now work the tv/dvd player remotes pretty well, instead of just hitting buttons like she used to. She's quite good at 'play' and 'stop'!
 7. I think that Keila is still around 12 kilos? She's so active that I'm pretty sure she hasn't gained too much!
  Until next month....


                             Trying to give Wasabi a sip of water
 

No comments:

Post a Comment